WHAT IS INDOOR AIR QUALITY TESTING (IAQ)
IAQ, or indoor air quality, refers to the state of the air within the building. A healthy indoor environment is one which promotes the comfort, health, and well-being of the building users – free of any dangerous microscopic organisms (bacteria mold, etc).
That is why regular IAQ testing is important. It is done to ensure that you live or work in a healthy environment. Indoor air quality is a greater health hazard than outdoor air pollution with pollutants being up to 100 times higher indoors. 80% of the homes and offices have poor quality air.
WHY IS IT NECESSARY
After everything said, if you’re still wondering why is IAQ testing important, here’s why!
There might be problems with the air you’re breathing without you noticing. Indoors there are many factors that change the quality of the air you breathe everyday. Some of them are:
- Building materials (wet/damp carpet, pressed wood products, cabinetry)
- Consumer products
- Cleaners and household products
- Furnishings, carpets, couches, chairs
- Central heating, cooling, and humidification devices (HVAC)
- Combustion appliances and processes (oil, gas, kerosene, wood, coal, and tobacco products)
- Outdoor sources (radon, pesticides, outdoor air pollution)
Temperature and humidity are controlled within a comfort zone. Normal concentrations of respiratory gases, such as carbon dioxide, are maintained. The air is free of significant levels of contaminants and odors.
Concentrations of harmful contaminants are much higher indoors than outdoors. As a rule of thumb, higher indoor air contaminant concentrations can mean higher health risks.
Healthy air is essential for a healthy home. It’s easy to get an affordable and detailed read on the air you breathe.
WHAT WE OFFER
IAQ testing gives you the ability to observe the environment and ensures your safety. With its observations and conclusions it might prevent serious health problems, other members of your family or your colleagues.
You can always buy an indoor air quality test kit, which includes samplers, sponges, a sterile glove, and micro inspectors. It is not expensive and you can do it all by yourself. However, it is best to call a professional service for this type of testing, because you will always get a more thorough observation and more accurate results.
You can always rely on us to:
- Calibrate air monitoring equipment before every job
- Compile comprehensive reports detailing any issues identified
- Provide a list of recommendations to ensure clean indoor air
Do not hesitate to call DRY VEGAS at (702) 966-0899 anytime!